How much quality time do you spend with your kids right now? Chances are you don’t spend nearly enough time with them as you think. These days parents have fallen victim to the same distractions a lot of teenagers have. They believe that they no longer have to be present in order to fulfill their duties as parents. Here are some of the things parents try to do in place of spending quality time with their kids:
* They use services like Skype in order to interact with them. Now this might be good if your a parent that has to be away for a long time. A good example of this would be someone who is in the military or someone that has to travel a lot for business. However, you actually being there in person to spend time with your kid is always going to be more valuable then you being there through a screen on a tablet or smart-phone.
* They try to buy their kids off by giving them money or purchasing whatever items the kids want. These are the type of parents that know they spend too much time away from their kids and believe getting them the new Iphone or those expensive jeans they want will make them not feel bad about rarely being around. This might work for a while, but it will backfire eventually.
As a parent you must spend quality time with your kids. Your kids need to feed off of your caring energy and know that you’re going to be there for them. During their developmental years its important to build a bond, because this is whats going to help them as they get older. If you don’t have a strong bond with your kids, then they can grow distant towards you. Here’s some ways to spend quality time with your kids:
* Go out to different spectator events with them. This doesn’t always have to mean sports, that why we say spectator events. This can be a concert, a monster truck rally, a circus, anything. The bottom line is you’re going to be spending a lot of time with your kids and this will give them a chance to really connect with you.
* Get them to help you with certain things around the house you think they might enjoy. For instance if your going to be putting up a basketball court in the driveway, take your son to the store to help purchase it. Include them in the decision process. Get them to help you do small things and use this time to bond.
* Take your kids to the park when the weather is nice and you have the time. There’s all sorts of things you can do at the park. Some parks have fishing ponds, some even have tennis courts. You can spend hours upon hours at the park and never run out of things to do. This one place alone can become your main way of getting out with your kids.
Quality time spent with your kids means time where your going to be focused purely on them. Remember this and you’ll be okay.